Teaching Aid Wish List: April 2019

• Biological macromolecules: fatty acid -- phospholipid.
    Another potential teaching aid model for April. If you like this idea, upvote with the little " /\ 0 / " arrows in the bottom right, or if not, suggest something else that you need in your classroom. It doesn't have to be biology-related. We cover all the sciences here, and Technology, Engineering, Math.

• Biological macromolecules: amino acid -- protein.
    A third potential biological macromolecule for the April teaching aid. Upvote this model using the " /\ 0 / " in the bottom right, or suggest another STEM-related model that you need to engage your students. Give us a challenge!

• I would love to have a 3D model of the human skeleton for my Anatomy class.

• @cgarber Human skeleton model is now in the running as the April 2019 new teaching aid!

• Plant Cell. We are working now on an animal cell as the winning teaching aid wish list forum from March. I am throwing the plant cell in as a potential April model now.

• Our April 2019 teaching aid will be a model of the human skeleton. Let me know what you need for this. Do you need the complete skeleton, in which case it will be smaller to be able to be printed, and will have the bones connected. If you want a single part of the skeleton, such as the skull, we can make it larger and have a few separate parts. Let me know by responding to this topic.

• We have some leads on a full real human skeleton that we can scan to create the April teaching aid. If you're going to do it, do it right, right? I will keep the community up-to-date as things progress.

• @JeffHolland I will definitely be purchasing the human skeleton once it's completed. Anatomically correct would be best as it is for my Anatomy & Physiology class! I'm super pumped about it.

• @JeffHolland A full skeleton would be of most use for my classroom. Not sure if it can happen, but I was thinking 8-12 inches tall. That way I can use us for musculature (by adding clay) organ location, directional terms practice, etc.

• @cgarber I had settled upon doing a full skeleton as well. It will be smaller than that in order to be printed, but the files are easily scaled up. Something we may need to consider is having separate files for different sections of the skeleton. This may make it more optimized for printing with minimal support material and also make it possible to make it larger. I assume that 206 separate pieces is too much, but perhaps separate sections such as limbs and appendages, rib cage, etc.?

© 2019 The Shape of Science